How To Plan A Perfect Guys Trip
While going out with all your friends is a great idea, a boy’s only trip is a perfect way to rekindle the bond that often loses its sheen due to various reasons. Time consumes all, and whether one of your ‘bro’ got into a relationship, moved out due to education or work or got busy with family, just a few days together again are enough to relocate the camaraderie which once used to be filled up with mischief, attending each other’s distress calls and poking fun at each other. Not only will you have to not worry about giving your couple friends their personal time, you can just be yourself without feeling conscious in front of the opposite gender.
Whether you go for a bachelor party, weekend getaway, business trip with little side travel or just go out because you want to, it is important to have that private time with your guys filled with activities that you all enjoy, or, throw as challenges at each other (ZNMD fan, anyone?). Depending on various interests, we have compiled a list of places and activities that you may choose from. There are a whole lot of places to visit and things to do in India for a perfect boy’s trip.
If you’re in a mood for something that challenges you physically or gives you a taste of some extreme living conditions, probably trekking or hiking or indulging in adventure sports is your idea of a holiday.
- Go for a trek in the Himalaya with a guided tour operator or follow a well established easy trail yourself by carrying your camping gear (tent, poles, food, etc.). You’ll learn how to survive with just a backpack full of basics.
- Go for a guided rock climbing excursion in the rocky valleys of Miyar (HP), Madhugiri (Karnataka), Savanadurga (Karnataka), Malshej Ghat (Maharashtra), etc.
- Get your wings attached and go for paragliding to catch amazing views at Bir Billing (HP), Kamshet (Maharashtra), Panchgani (Maharashtra), Manali (HP), Nandi hills (Karnataka), etc.
- Water sports lover can choose from rafting in Rishikesh (Uttarakhand), Zanskar (J&K), Sikkim, etc; kayaking in Rishikesh; sailing in Mumbai, Goa, etc.; scuba diving in Andaman, Goa, Karnatka, etc.; surfing in Goa, Kerala,etc. There are plenty of things to do in Rishikesh alone, as other than water sports it is an extremely popular site for bungee jumping as well.
This is a kind of trip that everyone should experience at least once. Whether you are cruising down well paved highways or maneuvering along rocky terrains, a road trip in a group teaches you patience – when you are just dying to reach your destination, teamwork – when one of you gets a flat tire and everyone gets together to fix it, and to an extent time management as well – since it’s best to follow the daylight when on road. You can take a roadtrip to anywhere basically but here are a few suggestions. (Read about bike trip basics)
- The quintessential road trip to Ladakh! Probably all of have done this by now, but those who haven’t should try taking detours to tiny nearby villages and beautiful lakes along the way. This trip is sure to leave you exhausted yet immensely satisfied in the end.
- Plan a Rajasthan road trip for those wanting to ride on well built highways with the Aravali mountain range for company. With all major destinations lying within 6-7 hours or less from each other, see the forts and palaces of Jaipur, Udaipur, Jodhpur and Jaisalmer.
- Maharashtra is full of valleys perfect for road trips. Visit the ghats or cruise along the spectacular sea side roads in Ratnagiri.
- Tour along the tiny Sikkim by going from the Zuluk to Nathu-la and then to other parts. You may also choose Guwahati as a base for visiting several regions in the north-east.
- Surrounded by the greenery of Nilgiri hills, see Bangalore, Ooty, Munnar and Coorg.
- Who says a road trip is all about bikes and cars? You can choose to get your mountain bike out and visit together your favourite destination nearby.
Everyone loves animals, but some just do it more than others. Whether you admire tigers, lions, bears, or just adore monkeys, a trip to a wildlife national park will satisfy all. Choose to stay in a jungle lodge and enjoy your safari at Jim Corbett (Uttarakhand), Kaziranga (Assam), Panna (MP), Ranthambore (Rajasthan), Kabini (Karnataka),etc.
Sometimes you want no tiring road journeys, no game drives, no exhilarating hikes, and only relaxation for most of the time.
- Plan a Goa trip to chill out at the beach shacks with cool drinks and breezy music. Also some favourite things to do in Goa include a visit to a casino, seeing the old school cathedrals and riding along the narrow roads on a rented bike/scooty while beach hopping. You can still make it a little adventurous by doing water sports or visiting Dudhsagar waterfall.
- Spend a relaxing weekend at a hill station while doing a little sightseeing. Lonavala (Maharashtra), Coorg (Karnataka), Kodaikanal (TN), Mt. Abu (Rajasthan), Drajeeling (WB), and almost any town of Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand are ideal choices.
- Make an excuse of an out-of-town music festival, favourite team’s match, cultural festival and spend a nice time lazing around for most part of the day.
- Roam around like hippies in Parvati valley (HP), Hampi (Karnataka), Pushkar (Rajasthan), Varkala (Kerala), etc. and spend your time making a style statement in deadlocks, tattoos and comfortable, baggy clothes. This kind of a trip requires you to do nothing in particular and lets you just explore at a leisurely pace.
India is renowned world over for its culture and several destinations offer a microcosm of its various aspects. Whether your interest lies in history, religion, arts or sociology, give these destinations a try with your like-minded guy friends. Spend the day feeding your intellectual being and evenings chilling out.
- Visit the old temples and caves like Ajanta & Ellora (Maharashtra), Khajuraho (MP), Puri (Orissa), Ranakpur (Rajasthan), etc. known for their intricate wall carvings depicting life from the bygone ancient era.
- Visit the colourful streets of Pondicherry & Auroville (TN), Varanasi (UP) and Goa to discover a style of living quite deviated from the rest of the nation and people living in a world of their own.
- For men interested in religious places, you have options galore. Rishikesh and nearby areas, Varanasi (UP), Amritsar (Punjab), Tirupati (Andhra Pradesh), Nashik (Maharashtra), etc. are some of the popular options that give an option of a rendezvous with the higher energy along with interesting sightseeing options in the area.
Like all things and duties considered important in life, taking a break is an often ignored but equally important thing. Use your nearest long weekend or make use of your accumulated leaves to strengthen relations and refresh yourself! We hope this guide gave you enough ideas to choose a place near your town according to your interest. Bon voyage!